Incorporating a business in California offers a number of advantages that aid in the protection of both assets and privacy.
A California Corporation will protect the individual from personal liability. A single individual can hold all offices including: Director, Shareholder, President, Secretary, and Treasurer. Incorporating in California can allow you to take advantage of tax deductible benefits such as health, accident, disability insurance, life insurance, and medical reimbursement plans. Corporations that have fewer than 75 shareholders can elect S corporation status which allows for the profits to flow through the company and directly to the shareholders of the corporation without being taxed.
The benefits of a California corporation include:
- Personal liability protection
- Stockholders names are not public
- Availability of corporate retirement plans
- Corporate fringe benefits
- Unending corporation existence
- Tax benefits
- Possible S corporation status
- A single person can hold all offices
- Available to professionals: Doctors, Dentists, Nurses, Attorneys, Chiropractors, Pharmacists, Accountants, etc.
If you would like to arrange a discussion regarding these matters in more detail, please feel free to contact our office to discuss your objectives.