In recent years more than 50% of all corporations have been incorporated in Delaware. The state of Delaware is well equipped for corporations because it has a separate court for the adjudication of corporate litigation resulting in extensive case law for corporate matters. Delaware provides many tax benefits including: no state corporate tax on interest or other investment income, no state sales tax, no ad-valorem or value added tax, and no taxes on business transactions. A single person can hold all offices including Director, Shareholder, President, Secretary, and Treasurer. The corporate headquarters of Delaware corporations can be located anywhere in the world.
Delaware corporation benefits include:
- Established case law
- Tax Benefits
- Stockholders do not have to be U.S. Citizens
- A single person can hold all offices
- Directors can change the corporate bylaws
- Shareholder liability is limited to the value of stock owned in the company
- Potential limited director liability for breach of fiduciary duty
If you would like to arrange a discussion regarding these matters in more detail, please feel free to contact our office to discuss your objectives.